Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create/assign multiple texture projections to object

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
educationMWYZM
184 Views, 0 Replies

How to create/assign multiple texture projections to object

I'm new to Maya and am writing an importer using the Maya C++ SDK to load data coming from another 3D application.  It is mostly working, but I am having great difficulty finding information how to apply more than one texture projection onto an object.  The object practically gives you the first UV set for free, but creating/assigning the 2nd thru Nth is a mystery.

Example:

Polygon mesh sphere with phong surface shader and 3 file texture projections:
   - file texture assigned to the surface shader's color attribute using UV coordinates.
   - file texture assigned to the shader's reflection attribute and mapped using spherical coordinates.
   - file texture assigned to the bump attribute using XY planar coordinates.

Each texture projection covers the entire object and contribute to one aspect of shading, but are blended by the surface shader, or other logic.  The blocking issue is how to create and assigned the texture projections so I can set up the shading network?  How do I create the spherical and XY Planar projections and assign them to the sphere so all 3 are recognized as the set of texture projections belonging to the object?

thanks

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report