Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Python plugin for Maya

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aaron_strasbourgUMPQ3
288 Views, 0 Replies

Creating a Python plugin for Maya

I'm trying to create a plugin for Maya. The plugin is written in Python and has multiple module dependencies in the "scripts" directory of the main plugin directory. The .mod file is in the main plugin directory as well, and it properly shows up in the Maya plugin window. The directories are setup matching the documentation.

When loading the plugin, it has a lot of issues regarding imports. I have went over Autodesk documentation for days and I cannot get a test case that works with multiple Python modules.

Would someone be able to setup an example case with a Python plugin that loads and unloads from the main plugin file, but contains the majority of the plugin "core" files in the scripts directory?

For example, I want "core.py" to be running the show:
-example_plugin
--icons
--plug-ins
---example_plugin.py
--scripts
---core.py
---ui.py
---utilities.py
--example_plugun.mod

"example_plugin.py" is the plugin that is loaded. It could have a menu or buttons added etc but these buttons would just start an instance of "core.py" which would control the entire tool.

This is how I've seen lots of plugins work before but when it comes to making one, nothing seems to work for me. It might be an easy solve but a simple test case example would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report