Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When extruding along an EP curve, everything goes funky.(Image included)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1429 Views, 7 Replies

When extruding along an EP curve, everything goes funky.(Image included)

I've been trying to follow a tutorial on making a USB cable. I have a lot of problems with the cord. Whenever I try to follow the tutorial and extrude along the curve, it goes funky. I've checked that I extruded from the start of the curve. Is there any solutions to this? Images included.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this ..

Message 3 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: damaggio

You are using the wrong extrude tool in Edit Mesh, you need to be under "Surfaces"
Message 4 of 8
damaggio

Here's the same method but making a flat extrusion like a road using an EP curve for the road path and another EP curve at the base for the width of the road.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

When I do that, it's not a smooth curve. Is there anyway to smoothen
it(like adding subdivision for polygons?)? Sorry I have never modeled with
NURBS before and I'm just trying to get ahead of my classes during my
holidays. Thanks for the help too 🙂
Message 6 of 8
damaggio

there's cubic and linear curves, I prefer linear because I can see each bend on the curve and hit the 3 key to smooth, but working in Cubic is  also fine, see which one you like better.

You are not modeling in Nurbs, yeah I hate nurbs too, is just the curve is a nurbs, once you extrude you can choose Nurbs or Polys, also choose quads not triangles.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Ohh! Sorry to bother then that was such a beginners blunder! Thank you for the help too. Really appreciate it. Have a great day!

Message 8 of 8
damaggio

No worries, have fun.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report