Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth quality display error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
scsb999
1383 Views, 6 Replies

Smooth quality display error

Hey everyone, I was modelling and wanted to check my work, how it looks like when is't smooth. So I pressed 3 and instead of the smooth quality display I only saw a tangle youcan see attachd below. Could anyone tell me what is this and how can I bring back the smooth quality display? 

Thanks in advance:

Csaba Simon

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mspeer
in reply to: scsb999

Hi!

Do you have this problem with every object or does it happen only with this object?

Message 3 of 7
scsb999
in reply to: mspeer

only on that one object I attached

Message 4 of 7
scsb999

there is also a chance that I pressed alt + 3 hotkey. "Simplified displacement preview workflow, which includes an Alt + 3 hotkey to toggle displacement preview on and off to minimize workflow interruptions." - this is the only thing I found about it, they added it in the 3rd update of maya 2017. Now that we know so far that this alt+3 hotkey caused this whole mess, have you got any idea how to disable it? @mspeer

Message 5 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

If Displacement Preview does not work correct it's a probably  problem with your graphic card/driver or the mesh.

To enable/disable Displacement you can use  Hokey "ALT + 3", but even when disabling this option it will not reset the Subdivision Method. Check in Attribute Editor, Shape -> Subdivision Method (don't use "OpenSubdiv ... Adaptiv").

Message 6 of 7
scsb999

you are a genius many many thanks for your help @mspeer

Message 7 of 7
andresgaultKEWPK

When I press the 3 key, the Smooth Quality screen, the program closes by itself and stops. Who can help me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report