Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected meshes move in different directions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
souper197
281 Views, 2 Replies

Selected meshes move in different directions

I'm following a tutorial in Maya for modeling a guitar. I created it vertically rather than horizontally as in the video so this might explain why my model acts differently. When I select all the meshes and try to move them, one part moves in the intended direction and others move in another direction. For example, when I move the neck in the positive z-direction, the body moves in the negative y-direction and the bridge pins in the positive y-direction. How do I make them move together in the same direction? I also want to do this to rotate it all and make it horizontal like in the video.

I have attached screenshots to show my problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ShinyShadow41
in reply to: souper197

That's because objects have different orientation. You can move them together by grouping the objects and moving the group or you can set the Move Tool's Axis Orientation to World (hold W key and drag left mouse button then select World from the appearing menu or press W and go to Tool Settings and set it from here).

Message 3 of 3
souper197
in reply to: souper197

This fixed the problem. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report