Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya won't highlight my selection

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
16746 Views, 10 Replies

Maya won't highlight my selection

It's a problem that I've had for a day now. Maybe I hit some random button that made this happen? I'm not positive, but basically when I'm in any mode (vert, edge, face, etc...) Maya won't highlight my selection before or after my clicking on it. It also won't show where my line is going to go when I'm using split edge. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this? I've already tried deleting the windowspref.mel but that didn't solve the problem.

thanks in advance
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
law0000
in reply to: Anonymous

try

perspective or other view, "show" menu, make sure "selection highlighting is checked
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

I have the same problem only in the perspective view but the "Show Selection Highlighting" option is checked but greyed out.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I had the same issue. I was using 2011 and Viewport 2.0. When I switched off 2.0 it seemed to work like usual. Strange, huh?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

JUST SIMPLY CLICK "B" ON YOUR KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR SOFT SELECTION IS ON!!!!!!!!!

XD

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 11
simonowen100

You're wrong. Even in soft selection mode maya usually highlights your selections.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

This was driving me crazy. I am not sure if this will fix your problems, but it fixed my issue. Renderer - Veiwport 2.0 options - Turn off Ambient Occlusion. For some reason it wont show selected faces while on. Hope this helps someone. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I had the exact same problem and when I hit B nothing was happening, but then I hit it multiple times and it worked, its nearly like it had to cycle through something, it wasn't working straight away but I hit B a couple more times and it was working then.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

the magic B!!!!

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

One additional thing. The Viewport "Show" menu option has a "Selection Highlighting" checkbox. Make sure this is checked.

If that still doesn't work, choose "All" in that same menu and try again. And this is a 'per file' option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report