Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya object becomes a mess on restart!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Danouie
3446 Views, 6 Replies

Maya object becomes a mess on restart!

My maya project becomes a mess when I'm restarting the program, everything was perfectly lined up and fixed, yet this happens? See picture.

Is there a solution for this!? 

Skärmklipp.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
keith112
in reply to: Danouie

Hi,

That is strange. Did you use any booleans in your modeling process?

It looks like all the verts tried to merge together or something. 

Maybe if you upload you scene I can help a bit more.

Message 3 of 7
brentmc

Could you have switched versions of Maya between creation and re-opening the file?

If so try opening the file in Maya 2016 (or whatever version was used to create it) and doing Edit > Delete All by Type > History to create a new file without history that you can load into Maya 2017.

It is regrettable but history does not always translate correctly between major versions of Maya. If this is the case and you are able to post your model I can open an issue to track this.

Thank you.

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 4 of 7
Danouie
in reply to: brentmc

Hi, I've only used maya 2017.

I've now uploaded the maya file, take a look when you can!

Message 5 of 7
damaggio

Hi Danouie, it seems that you did not read carefully or understood Mr. Brent suggestion  to you about cleaning your history, that's the reason your file got messed up, try to avoid saving any maya scene with tons of history, I'm not gonna explain what this all means, it will be better if you do your own search on google or the Maya docs about history and how and when to delete it.....it's a must read and a lot of beginners don't understand this.

The car was looking sweet but take a pause and study construction history.

Good luck and come back if you get stuck again.

Message 6 of 7
brentmc
in reply to: damaggio

It is true that deleting history during modeling and before saving will go a long way towards avoiding these issues.

However, that is not an excuse and we take these types of bugs very seriously. The problem is that the final scene file does not always tell us how the model got into that state and we usually need consistent steps to reproduce the problem from scratch.

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 7 of 7
SatpreetSingh04

I had the same issue in the newest version and it seems like Autodesk is a lazy a** and haven't fixed the problem yet. I think we need to reconsider which software we should use because there are free softwares that has an amazing community, works really well and doesn't has a massive size for no reason and its bugs gets fixed instantly instead of just saying we take it seriously and do niothing about the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report