Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Maya 2019 Student] EP Curve Extrustion Errors

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
B00358599
485 Views, 2 Replies

[Maya 2019 Student] EP Curve Extrustion Errors

I've been having troubles extruding a poly cylinder across an EP curve to create a cable.

I had been looking around for a solution, and I came across one in the form of a recent post for 2019. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-modeling/maya-2019-won-t-extrude-face-along-ep-curve/td-p/907273...

I've tried to replicate the steps featured, but I still seem to be getting nowhere. My shape extrudes, but only for a short distance, and I've tried finding out if it's due to the end point being too close to the point I'm extruding from.

I have selected the poly object in object mode, right clicked and selected its faces. I have then shift-selected the curve and extruded. My actions lead me here, with a shape that goes about a foot before stopping entirely. It forces my mode into component upon extrusion, but I don't know if that's the problem.

What am I doing wrong? All the actions I've replicated seem correct, but I know I'm missing something obvious.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
trs_andre
in reply to: B00358599

You can create a simple cable through the following steps:

1) Create an EP curve

2) Create a circle (curve)

3) Select the circle and the EP curve

4) Surfaces Menu, Extrude

Is this what you are looking for?

André Moreira

Game Developer / Technical Artist

LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
B00358599
in reply to: trs_andre

Yes! This is what I'm looking for! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report