Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout UV's but keeping scale?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1350 Views, 3 Replies

Layout UV's but keeping scale?

Hey Guys,
I'm currently at the UV stage on my model. I have created uv's for every object, and now want to lay them out on different UDIMs. What I do is to set the texel density to the same specific number on each object, and then using the layout uvs option to reorganise the individual shells. When doing so, the shells try to fill as much space as possible in the one UDIM space, so they are scaled up, to fit more space. What I mostly do to prevent that from happening is setting shell pre-scaling to off, and scale mode also to off. Now they don’t scale, but still organise in a square, that just is a big as its needed. If I change the packing region to custom, I can sort of get what I want, but I have to try out multiple number every time I want to organise them.

So what I am looking for is a way to keep the scale, but still laying them out on the whole horizontal space.

I hope you get what I mean.

Labels (1)
  • UV
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mprince12
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I understand, and this should really be the default setting with a button to "set texel density to meshes with varying scale".

This tool requires some work.
Refer to UVLayout to see how to do it better.

Message 3 of 4
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no way to do that in maya with one click. You need multiple tries.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 4 of 4

This is unacceptable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report