Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Keep Objects Seperate'

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
239 Views, 1 Reply

'Keep Objects Seperate'

Hello all, I just got into 3d modeling and I love it. I am soaking up so much information, but having so much fun while doing it. I am currently working with Maya 8.5 PLE on a Non-Intel Mac OSX.

I have a question about the settings for a face (Or selections of faces, rather)

I am trying to Extrude two faces at the same time, and scale them down. When I downscale, they both scale towards the center, which is towards each other, and not what I want.

I read that there is a checkbox for a ‘Keep Objects Separate’ setting. I have looked all over, and cannot locate this checkbox for the life of me.

If anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to find this setting, I would be very grateful =D

-Ranyb
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

if you have the channel box open when you are modeling then you will see all of the options as you use each tool

I'm not sure about the setting you are referring to but it sounds like 'keep faces together' which you will find in the history node of the extrude in the channel box. It is set to ON by default so just type OFF or 0 into that box to split the faces

all I would do is extrude the faces, then reselect the 2 new faces and use the Move Component tool in the edit mesh menu

that will allow you to scale both faces as individual components

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report