Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't weld vertices in Instances with Target Weld

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
SpaceCoyote
1196 Views, 11 Replies

Can't weld vertices in Instances with Target Weld

I'm not sure if this is related to my recent update to Maya 2023.2, but I just noticed that I am unable to use the Target Weld tool to weld vertices together for any meshes that are instances but I can still weld instance edges without any issue. For meshes that are not instanced, welding verts and edges works without issue and exactly as expected. Is anyone else having this problem and know of a solution? Target Weld is pretty essential for my modelling workflow and I'm currently working on something with a lot of instances.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
SpaceCoyote
in reply to: SpaceCoyote

Not sure when or if this bug will get addressed, but a great workaround I discovered is malcolm341's weld scripts. They seem to work perfectly with instances and may be even better than Target Weld.

https://youtu.be/kAOyQoMOGA4

Message 3 of 12

Getting the same issue. =[

Message 4 of 12
zyu3

Hi, I got the same issue. did you get the solution for this? I spent whole night to on this.

Message 5 of 12
zyu3

Hi, did you get a solution for this issue?

Message 6 of 12
zyu3
in reply to: zyu3

Hi, I have the same issue, and looking for a solution. would be pleasure if you can tell me anything

Message 7 of 12
xinyicindyw

Same issue here, any available solutions perhaps?

Message 8 of 12
damaggio
in reply to: xinyicindyw

Use control V or finish modeling then instance it.

Message 9 of 12
lizwalcher

This issue still persists a year later. Any word on a fix?

Message 10 of 12
damaggio
in reply to: lizwalcher

still works fine here.

Message 11 of 12
mcginnc
in reply to: lizwalcher

Try using it while in Wireframe mode.

Catherine McGinnis
Maya Quality Assurance
Message 12 of 12
lizwalcher
in reply to: mcginnc

Yes-- it works in wireframe mode, and it works with XRay toggled on. But it should also work in shaded view so you can actually see what you're welding, and has in fact worked that way in previous versions of Maya. I just cracked open old reliable Maya 2018 to confirm. It works just fine in those older versions-- this is a bug with Maya 2023 / 2024. Are there any plans to fix it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report