Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Drag select or translate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1374 Views, 4 Replies

Can't Drag select or translate

I've been working on a project for school for the past 12 hours and I've been saving in intervals as usual, and all of a sudden I can't drag select multiple objects, or translate them in anyway. I can single select objects and use shift to select more but only one by one. Regardless after selecting I still can not translate rotate or scale anything. I've reopened older files from the project and after a few minutes the same result. I've closed, reopened, and restarted my MAC more times than I'd like to admit. Someone please help me out so I can get my work submitted. 

Maya 2016 sp6

mental ray plug-in

Arnold AO plug-in

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't save your scene with tons of history... clear up
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

I've been doing that the whole time. I even tried a new project file, created a cube, and within 5 minutes it happens again. Thanks for the help thought.

Message 4 of 5
mspeer

Hi!

Please also check for multiple UV Sets.

For further help please upload a scene-file that shows the problem.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have the same problem. I work at an IMac OS 10.14 and after a short time I cant select, translate, rotate or move any object in the scene. At work I have also an IMac with an older OS (Maverick), where the problem doesn't occure once. Oddly enough the problem disappears, when I restart Maya, but only for some (sometimes less then one) minutes. I tried to attache my scene to this comment, but it won't work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report