Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean Union Creating Unwanted Edges

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
684 Views, 0 Replies

Boolean Union Creating Unwanted Edges

I am having issues creating a boolean union between the eyes, mouth, and seeds to the face of my watermelon geometry. I have tried using the multicut tool to create vertices on the melon face where the extra features meet but it still creates a faceted look. I just need to boolean these together without and dramatic lines tearing the whole geomtry apart. Any ideas how I can make this a seamless boolean union without destroying my geometry? Ideally the the face needs to be completely flat. I created the original flat sides through a boolean difference which is where i think most of the problem stems from. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! In the picture I provided I would like my end result to look like the melon on the right without doing the thing that the melon on the left is after the boolean. The melon in the middle was my attempt with the multicut tool. Any help would be tremendously appreciated! I've added the scene as well.

Best,

Shane

watermelon_multicut.JPG

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report