Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bezier Curves not displaying in Viewport

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1466 Views, 2 Replies

Bezier Curves not displaying in Viewport

I'm working on a project where I'm using Bezier Curves to create a number of complex curves for some sidewalks in a site plan. After saving and closing the scene last night, I opened it this morning to find that a large number of the curves I had created had disappeared from the Viewport. I double-checked that they were not hidden via isolation, layer, or Ctrl+H. Hiding the still visible curves and doing a drag select over the area selects nothing.

But upon opening the Outliner, I found that all the curves appear to be accounted for. Yet when I select one and Focus on it, the camera simply zooms in on the Origin, without anything actually being visible. Going to Control Points selection mode reveals nothing.

Using Maya 2018 and saving as Maya Binary.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this or how to avoid it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! In order to best troubleshoot this issue, can you answer a couple questions for me?

1. Have you tried Reseting your Maya Preferences?
  2. Are you on Windows or a Mac? 
  3. Is your Maya software up to date? We have Update 5 for Maya 2017, as well as update 2018.2 for our most current version, Maya 2018. You can download these updates by signing in to your Autodesk Account > Management Products and Downloads > Maya > Downloads > Updates and Add-Ons
  4. If you import this scene into a new one (either through the UI, or dragging the .mb file from its location directly into the Maya viewport) do the curves repopulate?

In general, saving in ASCII is a little safer because there is the opportunity to open up the code and resolve issues like this. If possible, saving out the file in both formats is a good backup procedure 🙂

Let me know if those suggestions resolve the issue. If the problem persists, I would be happy to continue assisting you.

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 3
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Hope you are doing well and making lots of progress on your projects 🙂 Any new developments? Were you able to resolve the issue?

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with, I'd be happy to assist you further!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report