Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move tool not working

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
katherinemunro33
15448 Views, 6 Replies

Move tool not working

Hi There,

I just installed Maya LT 2018 and the simplest task is not working. I am an experienced Maya user but have been away from it for a few years. I can't move or rotate anything at all. I click on the manipulator tool but it won't select or do anything. Is anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Should I re-install?

Thanks,

Katherine

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @katherinemunro33

Thanks for posting!

This issue is actually something that we have been documenting for 2018 (both Maya LT and the full version). In most cases it is a driver issue, so make sure your Graphics cards are up to date 🙂

If that doesn't resolve the issue, here are some other suggestions that have worked for other customers:

1. Reset Maya Preferences
  2. Confirm that GPU is on Certified Hardware List
  3. Update GPU Drivers
  4. Ensure the NVidia nView desktop manager is not enabled (causes problems for many applications)
  5. Set MAYA_ENABLE_LEGACY_VIEWPORT to 1 to show the legacy Viewport (VP1) options in Maya
  6. Switch to OpenGL Legacy Render Engine:

rtaImage.jpg

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Hello, im am working on Maya 2016 and this option does not show up.

I am also having the same issue where I can't move it.

Is there a place I could download the OpenGL - Legacy Rendering Engine for Maya 2016?

Message 4 of 7

my graphic card is in the list and I renamed my prefs folder but still cant use the move tool. It worked yesterday....

Message 5 of 7

Hi, in my particular case, I was able to correct the problem with the scale, rotation and move manipulators by changing from OpenGL to DirectX11 (Maya 2018)

@christoph.unbescheidtwrote:

my graphic card is in the list and I renamed my prefs folder but still cant use the move tool. It worked yesterday....

Message 6 of 7

Hey, 

I am having the same problem only with the splitpolygontool and the non linear deformers. I really need to get working on my portfolio how can I solve this issue. 

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
arvi_suke
in reply to: jordan.giboney

It actually worked changing the render viewport to . 2.0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report