Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Indie worldwide

Maya Indie worldwide

Hello Autodesk team,

I would like to greatly encourage you to make Maya indie worldwide. For a fair price (I noticed it's 560 pounds in UK compared to 360 USD in the US) 

This would make Maya accessible to casual users and freelancers as well as smaller studios. 

With blender animation update coming and it's general popularity the future is not looking so good.

I would love to keep using your software and I hope you can make it possible for freelancers worldwide.

Who is with me? 🙂

17 Comments
nabi2k
Explorer

I support your opinion.
In Korea, many users are waiting for the Maya Indie-version.
We look forward to seeing smaller workers like me less burdened with licensing.
I hope Google Translator can get my message across.

reniferziolo
Advocate

Thanks for all the notes! Please don;t forget to share, I cannot make it happen on my own!

absoluteKelvin
Collaborator

Definitely support this idea.

yeh I agree

zewt
Collaborator

Where did you see $360, by the way?  Had me worried that the price was raised when I glanced at this, but it's still $250.

reniferziolo
Advocate

Seems like I made a mistake, I believe one youtuber said he paid that but I am not so sure anymore. 250 USD per year is an awesome price

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using maya LT for a long time and I love it, but my indie game now requires modular characters. This is very unpractical to create in maya without File Referencing or Geometry Constrains or Atom animations etc (all are not available in Maya LT). I'm hoping Maya indie gets released in Europe and other countries soon! 😄  

BenediZ
Collaborator

The next student generation leaves school in a few weeks and their licenses expire therefore - thanks to stupid new rules.

Is Autodesk really trying to loose a complete year of graduates? They need still years to build portfolios and experiences, they are far from jumping in the market and earning money.

So is that the answer to the demand, to make Maya affordable to freelancers?

I'm Maya tutor and would like to know, what to tell my students, what the plan and timing is...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Autodesk team,

I fully agree with the statements made above and hope you will make the Maya Indie version available in all regions. Maya is an awesome piece of software but unfortunately out of reach for many, thus drawing them to free alternatives like Blender with its ever-expanding feature list.

I really hope you will do your best to make Maya available to indies for a fair price!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cierto, para los países del tercer mundo como el mio, se hace muy difícil. además no trabajo para ningún estudio. es solamente hobby y me lo tengo que pagar de mi bolsillo.

Tienes mi voto @reniferziolo 

tj.galda
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

I am happy to confirm that our pilot program worked and we've quietly emailed our pilot program to let them know the good news.  We will be going global, offering Maya Indie wherever we have an eStore across the world starting on August 7th in just a few weeks.

Thanks for hanging in there and all the votes, we've been fighting the good fight to get everything ready for you.

Enjoy!

tj

nabi2k
Explorer

Reniferziolo. You did it.

reniferziolo
Advocate

Everyone, thanks for participating in the thread and voting for this idea!

Zissouey
Participant
I wa really looking forward to this day... only to find my country is not listed, can you please explain why? How is it worldwide? When do you intend to implement it for Slovenia? or other countires?

tj.galda
Alumni
Hi there,

We made it available to everywhere we have an eStore globally. Hopefully we can add more eStores in the future.
Zissouey
Participant

@tj.galda  Thank you for your answer. I hope it will be soon. I just dont understand, as I can subscribe to the full licence but not the indie one. And I was/am really disappointed I could not jump on it today as I wanted. I love this software.

Please keep us informed when things will be moving in that direction.

Pablodeleo
Participant

Definitely support this idea.

With blender animation update coming and it's general popularity the future is not looking so good.

I would love to keep using your software and I hope you can make it possible for freelancers worldwide.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report