Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGen Painted mask can't create .ptx map. Searched Paths issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
crocleco
1990 Views, 5 Replies

XGen Painted mask can't create .ptx map. Searched Paths issues

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to save a painted mask in XGen.
I get an XGen Error which fails to create or find a folder that doesn't exist. 
I've tried to manually create the folder which Maya is trying to reference.  Then it is able to save a .ptx. But I have to do this for every paintmap I make.

Here is my process on a new Maya file.

MayaXgen.jpg

Would anyone have ideas?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jordan.giboney
in reply to: crocleco

Hi @crocleco 

Thanks for posting! Could you attach another error of the script editor? Due to the size of the image I am unable to read the text in the one that was posted 🙂 

Also, are you using (and setting) a Maya Project Folder? Xgen is heavily dependent on this workflow, so not using it would result in similar behavior 🙂 Lastly, are you working from a Dropbox (or similar) folder, or locally?

Thanks again for being a part of our community!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 6
crocleco
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Hi, 
I'm using a project with no sync software attached. This is the setup.
Sorry, the image and format window is impossible to use here.
maya_Nct21w6Rlp.pngmaya_krt5DSIlBi.pngmaya_DyxsPc47iF.pngmaya_y1R3TltENc.pngmaya_Ysa62ptxlV.pngmaya_XvSMCeZV5y.png

Message 4 of 6
andedali

no space in path and use lambert as material

Message 5 of 6
aryanhWN8UX

Hi, 

I am having a similar issue.

I have a collection with 2 existing descriptions both with mask files working correctly.

When I add a 3rd description to the existing collection and try to create a new map for the mask , I get this error:

// Error: XGen: Failed to find moustache/paintmaps/mask/head_geo.ptx //
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
E:/myStuff/maya_projects/Anderson/xgen/collections/hair/moustache/paintmaps/mask/head_geo.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Users/aryanh/Documents/xgen/moustache/paintmaps/mask/head_geo.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/plug-ins/xgen/presets/moustache/paintmaps/mask/head_geo.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist) //

Yes I am using the project workflow and everything else seems to be pointing correctly.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Walter_Sky
in reply to: andedali

Thank you, I've changed the material on an object and forgot about it, after changing it back to lambert it fixed the issue for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report