Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen interactive goom: visualise clump strands

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
niovi.phino
940 Views, 8 Replies

Xgen interactive goom: visualise clump strands

Hello,

Is there a way of visualising your clump strands in the interactive xgen like you can in the classic mode?
I am adding different modifiers to the clump such as noise - a the moment i see the whole groom and the effect it takes on it but I want to visualise/see just the clump strands so it s fast and easier for me to really see what s happening.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: niovi.phino

Hi @niovi.phino and welcome to the community!

You can simply click the white circle next to your modifiers which will disable them so you can only see the clump data.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 9
niovi.phino
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for welcoming me and replying! As I see it, the white circle just enables/disables the modifier so you see the overall effect the clump takes which is great, but what i m looking for is to visualise/see the clump strands - is there a way to do that?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9

are you talking about seeing ever clump in a different color.?

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 5 of 9

Hi @niovi.phino

I'm a bit confused by what you're asking for.

If you take a basic IGS groom on a sphere and add a clump modifier and don't sculpt or have anything visible this is what you should see:

xgen_clump.png

Are these strands and grouping not what you're looking for or are you looking to see them in different colors like @Christoph_Schaedl asked?

Message 6 of 9
sean.heasley

Hi @niovi.phino

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 7 of 9
niovi.phino

Hi Sean, these are the clumps, I'm referring to the clump strands themselves that drive the clumps. That would be useful when you're applying attributes to the clumps to preview what these effects are ie the amount of cut and noise you're applying.

Also, now that I started testing it to an actual character that requires a lot of density, if I were to apply an attribute to a clump I'd need to wait a few seconds to process it and if I were to compare before and after it's harder as it takes a while to compare. But if i could preview just the strands then it should be faster. Does that make more sense? 
clumos.png

Message 8 of 9

Hi 

@Christoph_Schaedl wrote:

are you talking about seeing ever clump in a different color.?

Message 9 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: niovi.phino

Hi @niovi.phino

Ah ok then yes at the moment this feature is unavailable with Xgen.

That said, I highly recommend posting this on the Maya Idea Board!

This is a great place for the community to share ideas or feature they want to see in the future of Maya and this board is regularly checked by the dev team!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report