Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen for Production Tutorial series

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
482 Views, 1 Reply

Xgen for Production Tutorial series

Hello everyone, I normally do not post over here not sure why.  But I have been making tutorials for a while and wanted to share with you a bit of the latest developments of my series for Xgen.  

I manage a CG grooming group in facebook, and most of the questions are the same every time that someone starts with xgen, and I hope that this series tackles most of the issues. Here are some of the results so far .

Here is the basic model that I am using, its a character for a project that I have been working for some years but I wanted to try it out with fur to test how it would look.

front render on clayfront render on clay

Back render just because the tail is funnyBack render just because the tail is funny

And the steps that we have so far

first lesson on how to set the scenesfirst lesson on how to set the scenes

first we will start from the pipeline. The riggers will love you and you will understand how to work with xgen properly.
This first lesson tackles the main problem with xgen, names, projects and folders.

This lesson is a general lesson that will help on any level of production

watch the first lesson here https://www.patreon.com/posts/37124906

how to use uvs and publishing methodshow to use uvs and publishing methods

Second lesson, how to build the uvs for xgen and arrange the main folder structure to fix any potencial issue that may arrise along the pipeline

This lesson is a general lesson that will help on any level of production

creating the basic groom scenecreating the basic groom scene

Third lesson, once the model is ready we will start building the groom scene for us to work properly with xgen. The most common mistake is that people rush towards the groom creation without any structure and thats where the errors arise

and creating the base groomand creating the base groom

Lesson four will show how to achieve the base groom. Focusing on several problems like the zeroing a pixel, how to build the udim workflow. Naming conventions and use of expressions

And the result so far of lesson 4

front render with groom result from lesson 4front render with groom result from lesson 4

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous 

This looks great! Thank you so much for creating the tutorial series and sharing them here! I'm sure this will benefit other members in the community. Keep up the good work!👍

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report