Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGen + Collision modifiers problems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lszumilas
3582 Views, 4 Replies

XGen + Collision modifiers problems

I can't get collision modifiers in XGen in Maya 2018 to work. Adding one produces the following error:

// Error: XGen: Failed to find description2/Collision1/mesh.abc //
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
/..../Documents/maya/projects/default/xgen/collections/collection2/description2/Collision1/mesh.abc (Part of path doesn't exist)
/..../xgen/description2/Collision1/mesh.abc (Part of path doesn't exist)
/Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/plug-ins/xgen/presets/description2/Collision1/mesh.abc (Part of path doesn't exist) //
// Error: XGen: File does not exist: ${DESC}/${FXMODULE}/mesh.abc. Deactivating the module. [collection2,description2,Collision1] //

To reproduce:

- create sphere

- create new xgen description/collection with spline primitives (e.g. for long hair)

- add collision modifier

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: lszumilas

Hi @lszumilas and welcome to the community!

The collision modifiers don't work by default like in the steps you provided.

Generally you may need animwires set up or you could do the work through the Interactive Grooming.

Here's a video example of someone setting up colliders properly.

Please let me know if this information helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 5
lszumilas
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thank you for the advise!

I've figured out last night that colliders work when I start with XGen interactive editor->Create->Create interactive groom splines. I'll explore this option more as it is probably sufficient for my needs.

I have also managed to access it from python.

Message 4 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: lszumilas

Awesome! Glad you're back up and running Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
gwikumjith
in reply to: sean.heasley

my collision object tabScreenshot 2022-04-16 091420.png won't expand so I cant select any objects, I want to fix this very quick for my project but I have no idea how to

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report