Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong UI behavior affecting 2022 and 2023 after installing 2024

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
IRONIC3D
232 Views, 1 Reply

Wrong UI behavior affecting 2022 and 2023 after installing 2024

Hey Everyone.

I use Maya 2022 and 2023 with RenderMan. And RenderMan utilizes right click conextural functionality all across the UI system. For instance when setting the specular strength and IOR of a material, I can right click on the name and a contextual menu will show up with different material elements and their values which I can select. Or if there are display filter (like Arnold imagers) I can right click on a field and break the connection or delete the connection.

This always worked, in fact it worked yesterday. Until I installed Maya 2024. After installation I didn't want to use any old preference in 2024 so I opted to select a new preference, thinking it wont affect 2022 or 2023. Unfortuently that is not the case. Every since the upgrade none of the contextual menus for RenderMan are working anymore. In fact they default to Mays own version. For instance showing me option for the shelve when I am right clicking on the IOR field.

I've tried uninstalling the plugin and installing but that doesn't seem to do the trick. 

Does Maya share elements of the UI across the versions? How do I go about resolving this issue as it seems odd and it should have never happened in the first place!

Thank you,

Iyad

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
IRONIC3D
in reply to: IRONIC3D

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please delete this post. This issue was resolved by fixing the MAYA_MODULE_PATH environment variable. For some reason it pointed to the upper level of the shared module path and it was causing conflicts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report