Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows task bar flicker when right clicking in maya 2024

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Frommynator
375 Views, 3 Replies

Windows task bar flicker when right clicking in maya 2024

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing this when right clicking? Only way I can stop it is if I auto hide the taskbar but I really don't want to do that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maya/comments/1axfvbj/windows_taskbar_flicker_when_i_rightclick_in_maya/

I am using Maya 2024 with latest Nvidia drivers for my 3080 card in windows 11 (latest updates)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Frommynator
in reply to: Frommynator

My "workaround" for now is to either work on my 2nd monitor that doesn't have a taskbar or use the hide taskbar function while working on my primary monitor so I don't have to see the flickering. Couldn't reproduce it on my laptop (3050 card and win 11). 

Message 3 of 4
Frommynator

I'm actually starting to think it's a Windows/or Nvidia issue, not Maya. It has something to do with how it renders the desktop (I think), if I have another program or window open and click the desktop I get a 1-2 frame glitch too which looks similar to what happens when you right click (I suspect it tries to do something with windows as the menu that pops up might have it's own thing..)

Message 4 of 4
Frommynator

Installing the studio drivers instead of the game ready drivers seems to fix it, haven't had any more glitching in maya/other windows.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report