Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Viewcube?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
53366 Views, 12 Replies

Where is the Viewcube?

It wasn't there when I first loaded up Maya 2016, I go to display> heads up display and check view cube, nothing happens. I look on the internet for solutions, the only one I can find tels me I need to go into the viewport tabs, I have no idea where that is. What's going on?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

it's  in your preferences> View Cube

Message 3 of 13
pshwayka

The viewcube is not supported in Viewport 2.0. Switch to one of the legacy viewports if you want it to appear. They are under the Renderer menu right at the top of your viewport.

Message 4 of 13
TheSimulationCrew

So why is it actually not supported in Viewport 2.0? I'm basically married to the ViewCube so..

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: TheSimulationCrew

Maya ViewCube is not supported in Maya Viewport2.0.

ViewCube is supported in Legacy Viewport.

Maya does  not support Legacy Viewport.

Maya is not supported.

Solved.

Message 6 of 13
stumanchu

LOL!!  Yes, please Autodesk, bring back the Viewcube!!!  I can't even begin to describe how many uses it has and why I would use it, but it's sort of

like cutting off one of your  thumbs....they seem so insignificant until you lose one.  I'm not sure why the Viewcube has been trashed in 2019.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  I don't even have the option to bring back legacy viewport options which I understand are no longer supported but surely you must have some dusty old code laying around that you could re-implement?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

The legacy viewports aren't there either. just the viewport 2.0

1.PNG

Message 9 of 13
pavelR.

To enable support for the non-supported legacy viewports Smiley Indifferent you have to add

MAYA_ENABLE_LEGACY_VIEWPORT=1

to your maya.env file.

This enables the use of those 'unsupported' modes which are better 'supported' for some features in Maya.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pavelR.

I was trying to get that viewcube to appear for almost an hour now...

Seems like the people at maya are no longer about the awesome flexibility that maya was made to be and more about pushing new features no one asked for while not fixing the issues people did ask for.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Legacy Viewport and ViewCube Solution for Maya 2017, 2018, 2019 and above 

In this video you will find a visual description on how to enable the Legacy Viewport and the ViewCube in 2018, 2019 versions of Maya. Not sure about 2020. Didn't test. Hope it helps. Good luck! 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

This one is very helpful

Message 13 of 13
fightclubgarmz

On the tool bar on the left hand side of the screen. The same place that your selection arrow is situated.

(There seems to be a million checks points and when a solution is offered they expect you to know how to navigate to the hidden menu sub menu)

The tool icon this looks like a square with arrows on each of its sides.

Double click this icon (Tool Icon)

It brings up a menu window. 

Hit the reset tool button. 

This should bring back your tool controls.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 17.31.28.pngScreenshot 2022-03-08 at 17.31.45.png

You can also reset your workspace as this may also be causing you issues. That is located on the top right hand corner of your Maya window it says workspaces next to it. There is a drop down menu click reset workspaces and it will bring your workspace back on track. 

Im new to Maya and I have been having this problem all the Fing time. Im not writing this to solve the original problem as Im sure in the last 12 years this person has solved it. This is for the noobs that are coming on here looking to solve the same issue. Hope this helps, sorry for being so long winded but I needed an explanation like this myself. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report