Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Blue Lines messing up my model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1237 Views, 3 Replies

Weird Blue Lines messing up my model

Hi I'm making some basic 3d models with sketchup for unity. After that I'm importing to maya for uv mapping and such adjustments. But I got these lines making black stain or stains (sometimes) in the unity. I can't pick and delete them because messing up the white lines. Maya recognizes as edges btw. How can I deal with these lines ? I not a 3d artist. That's why I'm using the sketchup.

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

These blue lines are just edges from your object faces, as the white ones.

It seems your object was triangulated at export or import.

You can keep the triangles, but if you don't need these extra edges and want to delete them, then delete them in the 3D Viewport and not in the UV Editor.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thanks, I'll keep in my mind. Any advice for maya side to prevent this unwanted edges ? I'm looking for solutions for sketchup side.

Message 4 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

These edges may be unwanted, but are required to prevent errors caused by wrong face builds caused by n-gons.

Without knowing when the trinagles are created (import or export) I can't provide any detailed instructions how to prevent this, but you can test different export formats and different settings for the export and import of the model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report