Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walk cycle

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
541 Views, 6 Replies

walk cycle

hello could someone solve that issue,  I am making walk cycle, whenever i set the keys on frame 1 and copy it to frame 25 and then copy to frame 13 with opposite legs, what i am looking, in frame 7 legs are not parallel, while always i get it when i put the value manually on 7th frame, i am stuck from 3 days, why it is happening, when values are same either i copy or put manually  

first image- when copy paste

2nd image - when i am putting manually

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for posting! Could you please share your scene file with this thread? I would be happy to take a look 🙂 To attach your scene file to the thread, you will have to compress it into a .ZIP folder first.

Thanks again for being a part of our community!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi jordan, thanks for responding 🙂

in this folder, two files are there, one is copy.mb and 2nd manually.mb, i have putted same values in both, actually i opened same file and saved it with two different name, in frame 7 u will find the difference, at frame 7 the value of both leg should be same, but when i do copy, it's not working....

i know it is some technical problem but i could not find why it is happening.... plz check it..

Message 4 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

In the copied version the tangents at the keys for frame "13" are set to a non default value, just change them to "Auto" in Graph Editor.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

thanks allot MS peer, it is working, so this problem has been solved by you, in this solution i have an another question, always i have to do it?, bcoz when i watching any tutorial they do only copy and paste...

But main problem has been solved. thank you very much for support..👍   

Message 6 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

After a second check the tangents of the keys you copy are set to weighted and this will be preserved.

Set them to non-weighted and it works as expected by you.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

ya now i got it, thank u so much for the guidance, before ur reply i have wasted allot of time in this assignment, i am learning myself actually.

I am grateful for ur help.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report