Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport refresh out of sync with script execution (WINDOWS10 MAYA 2020-2019)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cabotjoan
420 Views, 0 Replies

Viewport refresh out of sync with script execution (WINDOWS10 MAYA 2020-2019)

This situation happens on windows10y on graphically heavy scenes where drawing a frame may take up to a second.
after a viewport 2.0 refresh frame is triggered by a script, it seems that maya doesn't wait for the frame to be fully displayed on the screen before it continues the execution of the following task(frame capture in this case). This breaks the sync with my custom frame capturing scripts where an external tool is used to capture the viewport window. The command to capture a frame is often triggered before the current frame is actually displayed resulting in the snapshot tool capturing the previous frame.
Sync was working well on windows 7 and maya 2016.5 with "windows desktop composition" turned off. I'm afraid it may be an issue with windows graphic system itself.

Is there a way to disable windows composition for MAYA just to test it out?

The sync fails with external capture tool, On the other hand when capturing the frames with maya own capture command (refresh -fn;)the sync is correct. However the "refresh" captured file doesn't capture all the elements of the image as I'm using 3rd party plugins to display stuff on the viewport.

Any way to force maya to wait for the new frame to be actually displayed before triggering a capture command?
Or, as a lesser solution, is there any way to force the "refresh -fn;" command to capture what we see on the monitor instead of just what maya is drawing.?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report