Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble while opening scene in Maya 2020 and 2019

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matt8629
423 Views, 1 Reply

Trouble while opening scene in Maya 2020 and 2019

Hi,

I have a lot of problems when I try to open some Maya scenes it freezes and I have to force close them. Depending on the type of scenes it crashes in various percentages ... the same file works well in other pc or mac .. I thought it was a problem on some specific files, but now it starts to be very frustrating because every kind of file freeze, especially in thoese scenes that have "some data that can be lost" .

I have a PC with AMD Threadripper 3960X and 2x 2080Ti I also tried to update the drivers and install maya 2019 but nothing has changed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
patrick.schock
in reply to: matt8629

Hello @matt8629,

this behavior can have a variety of reasons. To start troubleshooting I would recommend at first to reset the Maya user preferences by following the steps from here: How to reset the Maya Preferences to Default.

This might not solve the issues, but will enable you to work on base of fresh preferences that do not cause additional issues. Since you are using a PC with AMD Threadripper 3960X and 2x 2080Ti, I would suggest to go through the instructions from this article: UI lags or seems sluggish even on fast multi-core CPUs in 3ds Max.

This article is related to 3ds Max, but the machine type is related to the same (superfast) Threadripper CPU. Disabling Simultaneous Multithreading and/ or trying to set the QT system variables would be options that you can try.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to your reply, if you could solve the issues.

Best regards,

Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report