Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparency Color Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
675 Views, 2 Replies

Transparency Color Issue

I have come across a strange issue when changing the color of transparency. When I change the transparency color from gray to red, it turns blue (the left sphere). When I change the transparency color to (darkish) blue, it turns yellow (the right sphere). It looks like the colors might be reversed. In the quick render you can see a little bit of the colors that I wanted. This is a new scene and the issue affects the rest of my scenes too.

I have explored many of the settings in maya and searched the internet, but still couldn't find a solution. Let me know if there is any way I can help. Sorry if i take a while to respond.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

Generally you should keep the trasparency with black and white values so you don't get this behavier, it's not a glitch and the same goes with transparency in other nodes like fog for instance...adjust the Color atribute if  you want to colorize something.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

Oh I see now. On my other scenes, I had a file texture in my color attribute, and it didn't let me change colors. I just had to go into the color attribute, scroll down to the Color Balance section, and change the Color Gain. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report