Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering xGen painted maps to new scene, same project

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
emil.nilsson.4
158 Views, 0 Replies

Transfering xGen painted maps to new scene, same project

Hi!

I'm trying to transfer hair i've done from one finished scene to a new one. I've exported the hair via "Export as preset" and succesfully attached to the new scenes scalp.

Finished sceneFinished scene

New scene. Slightly changed for the worse by transfer.New scene. Slightly changed for the worse by transfer.

Sadly none of the painted maps are copied so i've done the manual work of exporting textures from the finished scene as jpeg adding to the new scene. The problem is that i have 7 painted maps (therefore 7 jpegs) in the scenes looking at the xGen tab, but have 16 maps looking at the finished scenes Node Editor (7 in new scenes Node Editor).

Finished scene, too many nodesFinished scene, too many nodes

New scene.New scene.

I have tried copying exact nodes from the two scenes but i constantly get errors. I have no more ideas to how to get the rest of the maps into the new scene.

The maps are important as the grooms does look a bit different. I believe it's 16 maps as i've changed the maps by repainting parts and are saved as a new file, but it's strange that a whole new map would be created for that. I've copied all 16 maps as jpegs...but there's nowhere i can attach them as i see it.

Finished sceneFinished scene

New sceneNew scene

Slight difference in the "mask map". Strange bald spot that none of the maps are the cause of.

The usual errors i get is:

// Error: XGen: Failed to find HairGeo_export_02_Scalp_geo.ptx
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
// E:/Maya Projects/Retopo_sea_hunter/xgen/collections/SeaHunter_01_COL/HairGeo_export_02_Scalp_geo.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
// C:/Users/p0wer/Documents/xgen/HairGeo_export_02_Scalp_geo.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
// C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/plug-ins/xgen/presets/HairGeo_export_02_Scalp_geo.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)

I've tried to copy the missing ptx maps to correct location but still get error message:

// Error: line 0: Invalid object or value: 0

Any help is appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report