Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Attributes Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ANDREWKARTASHEV
381 Views, 1 Reply

Transfer Attributes Issue

I'm using a Daz Genesis 2 model which I want to add a uniform texture to.  I want to work with the original skin because of the beautiful weighting.  However the UV map looks like something exploded.  I was able to create a fantastic uv map using Zbrushe's UV Manager plugin but it killed all the weighting.  Zbrush says its fbx importer only supports certain features. So I have this beautiful UV and no way to transfer the weighting information.  And this beautiful weighted mesh with a terrible UV.  I hate leaving Maya for reasons just like this.  

But now that I'm back in Maya and decided to use the Transfer Attribute feature to get the map on the daz model.  Nothing happens.  I didn't even notice any errors. There's a brief flickering hour glass but then nothing changes.  I select the uv source model then shift select the daz destination model.  (Both are in FBX).  I go into the Transfer Attribute settings where I have tried both world and component.  Both models are the exact same size and in the same location. I have tried with the original destination mesh there and deleted.  I believe their vertexes are the same since they both started as the same fbx export from Daz, though one has been through zbrush.   

I do get a local transform change error on import which says

The FBX plug-in has detected Non-uniform scaling values. The following nodes (or their parents,) have non-standard Maya scaling inheritance (RSrs). The plug-in will re-compute their local transforms to match their correct global transforms and re-plot the transform animation frame by frame. These nodes might have interactive behavior in Maya that differs from the source application.

V4FBXASC032AndorianFBXASC032Bob_35571FBXASC046Shape

This is on the daz model fbx with the great weighting.  The one I uv mapped in zbrush does not bring up this or any error.

I don't care how I do it but I need the pretty uv map and the pretty weight map on the same mesh. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

When I say 'uniform texture' I mean like army uniform.  It seemed unclear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report