Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool description doesn't appear when hovering over tool

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3018 Views, 3 Replies

tool description doesn't appear when hovering over tool

where.PNGWhenever I hover over a tool, this pre-description in the picture doesn't appear and is somehow disabled. How do I enable this feature?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! This appears to be a sporadic problem in Maya - I've encountered it a couple times myself. Have you tried closing down Maya and Resetting your Maya Preferences? This will bring the settings back to default 🙂

Let me know if that resolves the issue for you! If the problem persists I would be happy to continue working together until we figure it out!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jordan.giboney

I figured it out! It's funny when you search for something in the forums you can't think of the right way to word your question, but when you ask the question in the forums, the answer immediately comes up after you search it! haha!!!!! Anyways, I just had to go to Preferences > Help > Check Display Tips

Message 4 of 4
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Ah awesome!! Glad to hear you got it figured out 🙂 Best of luck with your project!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report