Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The UV set editor won't open

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
8610 Views, 2 Replies

The UV set editor won't open

Recently, the UV set editor can't open, I don't know what is wrong with Maya, which is very strange, but I don't want to delete the Maya documentation to solve this problem, that would reset Maya's personal habits.

I hope some expert can come up with a better solution. Thank you very much.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick.schock
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

resetting the Maya user preferences will most likely solve this issue. You can find instructions how it works here: How to reset the Maya Preferences to Default.

Please make sure that Maya is closed in advance of renaming the prefs folder. In case that you want to store your personal settings like hotkeys, shelves, you can copy-paste the folders hotkeys, shelves and the file userNamedCommands.mel into the new prefs folder that is being created at the new start of Maya. 

Maya Backup Hotkeys and Shelves.jpg

If renaming the prefs folder did not solve the issues, you can also try to rename the version folder and copy-paste the relevant files that you want to keep. For example: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\maya\2020.

It happens from time to time that a reset of the user prefs makes sense. From my own experience, I was often missing the UV editor when it was opened on my 3rd screen and the next time I opened Maya on another screen, I could not open the UV editor. Resetting the user prefs did the trick to get it back quite quick.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: patrick.schock

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report