Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Update .4 Sucks

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
Anonymous
3125 Views, 39 Replies

The New Update .4 Sucks

I have Install the new Update for Maya 2020.3 to 2020.4 and it have been a disaster it have crash, I have lost my gizmo tool, lost part of my model with out knowing where it when. Maya 2020.3 is more stable than MAYA 2020.4. Maya 2020.4 got a lot off glitches Please fix them.

Thank You.

P.S.Don't ask about my Pc Because What I,m using is Intel I5 9G GForce 2060TI 32GB Ram Z93 Gamer Board.

39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
BurkhardRammner
in reply to: Anonymous

The update is mostly about bifrost, but still no sdk for it : /

Message 3 of 40
syracoj

did you try and delete your Maya preferences?

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: syracoj

nope and Why should I do that. It's an update and maya should run perfectly not bifrost only. I think if you make and update for That part of the software so that part runs smooth just make that update for that part. But if you going to update the hole software completely.
Message 5 of 40
vannibrighella

I agreed with 100%. Maya 2020.4 update is a disaster and it is very disappointing. 
I get crashes anytime I open a blank Maya file, I also tried to delete pref but no luck.
For those who are reading this post and works at Autodesk, please fix it as soon as possible before losing customers. 

crash.JPG

Message 6 of 40
syracoj
in reply to: vannibrighella

@vannibrighella 

Did you configure your UI to be like that? Notably the Editors (channel box, AE, etc...) to have their tabs on the top? 

If you did not configure your editors like that that usually indicates that the UI is stuck on startup because the Data Collection UI still hasn't been Ok'ed out of. It may have been behind your Maya UI. See attached image.

If you did configure your UI like that I would reset the prefs then reconfigure in 2020.4 just to see if it stabilizes.

perhapsDataCollectionStillOpen.png

Message 7 of 40
goran.milovanovicLVTYC

Same here. Unstable, lost my work again. Gizmos missing or going heywire. Something is wrong with object focus and default scene scale again. Snapping is completley destroyed. Crashes when vertex snapping. Hypershade needs good 5 minutes to open on an empty scene. UV editor is a mess visually and crashes maya when opened tohether with hypershade. QT interface is **** slow and won't save viewport changes. Maya needs a year to open and close. Hypershade is still spaghetti monster even in year 2021. On dual monitor setup where main screen is 4k and second is HD Maya makes  all sorts of viewport problems like hypershade is in resolution 100x100 and file menu is unreadable small. Saved my scene but getting fatal error next time when trying to open. Stl. export again doesn't work.  Oh to mention, I`ve been maya user since year 2001. And yes I have tried to delete my prefs, install the certified graphics driver, Set up the DPI scaling, have a comupter normally capable of running Maya, I was praying to the Maya gods for an easy year, etc.  You guys definietly lost my firm as a custommer. I will now make a "Maya sucks" youtube channel and finally earn some money with it. And I don't need help, thanks. It is a shame.

Message 8 of 40

@goran.milovanovicLVTYC

Sorry to hear of such a negative experience. With all these issues something is definitely wrong. We test Maya on several OS's and hardware configurations and we haven't encountered the multitude of issues you are describing in your post. Would you be willing to set up some sort virtual meeting to show us these issues?

Glad you have tried the standard checks to try and trouble shoot. 

Are all these issues on your local machine?

You are running Maya on a local install correct? 

What OS are you on?

What plugins for Maya do you have installed?

What do you mean by an HD screen? Have you tried setting the machine up to be a single monitor configuration then alternate the monitors to see if that makes any difference?

Could you capture a video for us showcasing all this problematic behaviour please?

Message 9 of 40
Anonymous

I'll try but for right now it's a little bit stable but sometimes I'll crash or freeze and I have to restart my PC. I'm using windows 10 pro running with 32GB of RAM with an Nvidia RTX 2080 super Intell 5 8g with a MSI Z390 gaming Mobo and I think with this system nothing can go wrong, but it is doing what is doing.

Thank you for your reply.
Message 10 of 40
syracoj

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll try but for right now it's a little bit stable but sometimes I'll crash or freeze and I have to restart my PC. I'm using windows 10 pro running with 32GB of RAM with an Nvidia RTX 2080 super Intell 5 8g with a MSI Z390 gaming Mobo and I think with this system nothing can go wrong, but it is doing what is doing.

Thank you for your reply.

Do you recall what it was you were doing when it froze? You shouldn't have to restart the machine if you can just kill the Maya process.

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous

Yes, I was setting up my reference image when it froze and, in another instance, it shut down my PC when I was moving some vertices to another point. It not supposed to do that and that scares me because it could damage my PC and if that happens Autodesk it would not replace my Machine.
Message 12 of 40
chokmah

Strange 2020.4 update works really fine here ... 
I'am curious about this kind of problems.

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: chokmah

As you can see, I'm not the only one with this problem there are others too.
Message 14 of 40
syracoj

when your entire system shutdown did it go down with a 'blue screen of death'?

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

If you are on Windows, do you recall a recent Windows update?

There are so many factors at play. Typically moving or snapping vertices wouldn't cause a complete system crash.

Are these crashes occurring daily for you or did it just occur once after you updated Maya?

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous

Well, it did give the blue screen of death but windows did its job and when back on line, all my drivers are UpToDate but now from time to time it freezes and I have to use the task manager to close the program and re-starter again.
Now it is working fine and I have not have any issues with it.
Message 16 of 40
chokmah

Yess indeed.
If I can help you are wlecome @Anonymous 

Message 17 of 40
syracoj

I wonder if you are doing a particular workflow that is causing a memory leak which eventually fills your memory and causes the system instability.

Issues like these are difficult to pinpoint because there are so many different ways of working that could be triggering the issue (if that is indeed what the issue is). Best thing to do is keep an eye on it and if anything stands out what may be causing let us know. 

Message 18 of 40
colbtron

I just upgraded from 2020.0 on a mac and yeah it's a mess. The arnold render window is super messed up. I'm going to try .3 and if that doesn't work, I'll have to go back to .0

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous

OK
Message 20 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: colbtron

Hey colbtron Maya 2020.3 is more stable than 2020.4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report