Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textures in black?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
7818 Views, 2 Replies

Textures in black?

Hello, im really starting into Maya but I got a problem I can't fix, at the moment I put any textures into the object it doesnt load, it just appear in black. When I try to render it, the object appear not in black just in gray standard color. What can I do? I go to the lambert1 page and load a file in the color section, but in the viewer appears in full black. Please any help would be really aprecciated.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alec.andersenLP8AU
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Firstly, I would suggest not customizing Lambert1 as this is Maya's default shader for all objects. You'll want to assign a new material first! Once you've assigned that material, make sure you're linking from the "color" slider when attaching a file for an image, otherwise it may behave strangely. When you load a file to attach in the "from file" option, make sure it isn't especially large (while gigabyte textures are possible, I don't recommend them!)

Finally, you'll want to hit "6" on your keyboard to display textures within the viewport.

I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: alec.andersenLP8AU

Thank u so much! Using lambert1 for texturing its not worth, i fixed thanks to you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report