Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Maya Indie Questions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
larryanimation
1299 Views, 5 Replies

Switching to Maya Indie Questions

Hello,
I currently have a Maya 2020 month-to-month subscription on my computer that is expiring and I would like to switch to a Maya Indie subscription for 1 year, as I meet all the requirements for Indie.
Two questions:

1 > Would it be best to let my current subscription expire, uninstall, and then subscribe and re-install Indie,
or is it easier to subscribe to Indie while Maya is still running on my computer and continue using Maya that way?

2 > Once subscribed to Maya Indie v2022, can I later switch to Maya Indie v2020 if needed?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
zewt
in reply to: larryanimation

For the second question, Maya Indie does give me access to Maya 2020 and I have both 2020 and 2022 installed side by side.  Not sure about the first question, but Maya and Maya Indie are exactly the same application, so you shouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall anything (you may just need to reactivate when the previous license expires).

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the info @zewt.
Anyone here know the answer to my first question?

Message 4 of 6
mspeer

H!

You can't convert the current subscription, so it's recommended to let you current subscription expire and then subscribe to Maya Indie.

(You don't need to reinstall Maya.)

Message 5 of 6

Thanks @mspeer , good to know that I don't have to re-install Maya, as the version currently on my machine is working well.
By the way, my month-to-month subscription ended 3 days ago. I imagine I shouldn't let the lapsed Maya sit in my computer too long before signing up for Maya Indie?

Message 6 of 6
mspeer

Hi!

Correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report