Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Arnold IPR Crop Region / Mouse Pointer Issue

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
andymc4997
1690 Views, 16 Replies

Strange Arnold IPR Crop Region / Mouse Pointer Issue

I've searched around and can't find this irritating issue that's occuring in the Arnold RenderView-

Simply, the Crop Region doesn't line up with my mouse pointer. When I click and begin to drag, the top left corner of the Crop Region starts down and to the left of the pointer, making it difficult to crop precise areas. In addition, when I try to click the corners of the region to adjust them, I can't, and have to guess as to where to click off to the side of the corner in order for it to work.

So first of all, it's NOT my mouse. It's happened now with multiple mice that I've tried. I just updated to the latest version of Maya, hoping the issue is resolved, but it's not. So, has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug? Is there a setting in Preferences that can be adjusted? 

Thanks in advance for any / all replies. 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
hagen.deloss
in reply to: andymc4997

Hi @andymc4997 

Thanks for bringing this issue to the Maya forums, sorry to hear this is causing an issue on your end 😕

Just to clarify, you are talking about this red rectangle selection within the IPR mode, specifically when using Arnold, right? or are you going to the Arnold > Arnold RenderView tool? 

renderview_crop.gif

So I have a few thoughts on things we could try, but first let me ask some questions:

• what version of Maya are you using, and what update version of Arnold are you using?
  • When this happens, are you monitoring your computers performance (task manager is fine), and if so, is there any CPU or memory spikes when you are working within the Arnold IPR?
  • Does this happen in all scenes, or one specific Maya scene?

Alright, while you look into answering those questions, here are some initial thoughts...

• Any difference if you switch to the Legacy Viewport?
  • Any difference if you check/uncheck Render settings > system > Maya render view > Force Scene Update on IPR Refresh?

Also, just a note; I don't think the IPR crop tool actually rescales the cropped region, you just redraw the entire selection …but I could be not understanding what you mean by " when I try to click the corners of the region to adjust them", so feel free to clarify.

He @Stephen.Blair have you seen anything like this issue in Arnold?

Thanks, looking forward to helping out as best I can 😄 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 17
Stephen.Blair

Hi

What OS are you on, and what kind of monitor do you have?

Are you using Test Resolution?

On my Windows 10 machine, I don't have any problems with the region in the Arnold Render View. But our in-house artists does have some similar problems on his Windows 10 machine (he can't drag the corners at all).

The latest Maya comes with a slighter older version of MtoA, so I would get the latest from arnoldrenderer.com/arnold/download just to be sure.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 4 of 17
andymc4997
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hi @hagen.deloss thanks for the quick response!

I apologize for not providing more details. I'm running Maya 2020.3, and Arnold 4.1.0. 

- I'm actually referring to the Arnold RenderView window, not the standard IPR. 
- I just monitired CPU performance while clicking and dragging and see no unusual spikes.

- Yes, this happens in all scenes

- This issue does not happen in the legacy render view, when clicking and dragging a region.

- No, there is no difference if I check/uncheck "Force Scene Update..."

(I'm trying to use Game Bar on Windows to record and show what's happening, and it's just recording the main Maya window instead? Ideas how to do that?)

Anyway, thanks for the help. I suppose a workaround would be to just use the legacy Render View until it's fixed. 

Message 5 of 17
andymc4997
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

It's an older Gateway 17" - I don't recall the resolution right now. However, I have dual monitors, and it happens on both. The other one is a bit newer HP. 

I'm using 100% Test Resolution. I have updated to the latest version of Arnold. 

Message 6 of 17
andymc4997

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd check in on this topic again, to see if there might be any ideas as to why this is still happening. I've updated to Arnold 4.2.1.1 and nothing has changed. This is a very frustrating "bug" Any ideas?

Message 7 of 17
oleg.magrisso

I've been experiencing the same issue and I know few other friends have flagged it as well.

Running Maya 2020.4 with Arnold 4.2.2

Would be great to fix this

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Hi, the same issue is happening for me as well. Very frustrating! Has anyone found any solution to this?

Message 9 of 17
d.lidster

I often have this issue, just within the Viewport. Seems connected to using the UV editor. Running OSX 2022.1

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Hi, Any solution for this issue?
I have this problem on both Maya 2020.4 and 2021.1
Has been working like this for months and it is really frustrating.

The same issue is happening on the other 4 workstations in our office.

Windows 10 pro (Latest update)
Nvidia Geforce 2080ti with the latest studio driver. (210824)
Eizo and dell monitors 27"

MtoA 4.2.3

Logitech 

Message 11 of 17
jch
Enthusiast

I am experiencing the same issue here on Windows 10. GPU RTX3090. Maya beta (PR126), MtoA 4.2.4 cecb14ea (develop).

Message 12 of 17
barbara_meier

I have the same issue with Maya 2022. 

Message 13 of 17
steventp

April 2022: Running Maya 2022 on macOS Monterey 12.2.1 and also experiencing this issue. Any updates how to fix?

Message 14 of 17
puck.vanvliet

And yet another user with the same issue. Any news from Autodesk about this would be helpful.

Maya 2020.4 - Arnold 5.2.1.1 - Windows 10 version 21H2

Message 15 of 17
licenseC8KWF

I'm experiencing the same issue on multiple maya versions, on Windows 10

Message 16 of 17
RobinBlake

Having the same issue on a fresh install on a new PC. Windows 11 maya 2023.

Crop region starts below my mouse and is nearly impossible to grab the corners to resize, previously grabbing the center point you could move the region as well right? Cant do that at all anymore. If anyone here found a solution? 

Message 17 of 17
rrieke6BBAL

I have the same issue as well Maya 2023 on win 11

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report