Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some XGen Descriptions in Collection break/corrupt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
717 Views, 2 Replies

some XGen Descriptions in Collection break/corrupt

I have a collection with different descriptions (groom: brows, eyelashes, beard and splines for the main hair) and sometimes (pretty random) some of the groomdescription break, but only in the current file so that I can fortunately go back to the file before. The broke descriptions either don't appear at all or produce huge, very colorful hairs.

Is that a common issue, a quick google search did give me anything similar.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Michael_Todd
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like a bug, that has since been fixed, where saving the scene with the groomable splines hidden could cuase them to corrupt on loading the scene. So long as you don't create a preview and the visibility flag is set to on, you can just import the groom files to rebuild the splines.

It's been fixed since, but till you can update, try not to save the scene with the groomable splines hidden, or use a display layer to hide them...

Cheers

Michael Todd

XGen Product Owner and Designer

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Michael_Todd

What exactly do you mean by saying hidden? Do you mean the splinepreview (visibilitycheckbox in groomingtab) for grooming or the primitivepreview (the big eye icon). I was working on the hair and all the primitives for the groomable splines were visible, also when saving the scene.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report