Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow/lagging timeslider

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3077 Views, 4 Replies

Slow/lagging timeslider

Im currently animating a character in an empty scene with not too many keys. Progressively scrubbing through the time slidder had become more and more laggy. Playblasting takes a minute for a 4 sec clip.

I can move around the scene and move the character fine, but anything that has to do with the time slider is extremely slow. It only seems to be that file.

And ideas on how to fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
thn
Contributor
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymousyou posted some time ago now, did you find the solution?

I have the same problem. Whenever I start moving the time slider, everything halts for 10-20 seconds, making it impossible to animate anything, and nothing is animated at all. I've tried with closing the material editor and removing a gradient ramp opacity, which I read another user had luck with. Did not make a difference here.

The occasions when this happens for me is often with bigger scenes, like below. I hope someone in the know can help out.

summary.JPG

Message 3 of 5
thn
Contributor
in reply to: Anonymous

Worked for me: flatten all geometry to editable mesh or poly.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: thn

I think its because there are too many polygons in the scene, I would suggest doing a retopology or upgrading your PC, whatever fits you 🙂

Its just a wild shot!, I'd need your scene to give you an accurate answer.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: thn

I think it had to do with my computer's specs, im on a new computer now and havent had the same problem since

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report