Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Help: Transitioning from Blender to Maya - Frequent Crashes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
peradonmez4WJGQ
351 Views, 1 Reply

Seeking Help: Transitioning from Blender to Maya - Frequent Crashes

I have been using Blender for the past six years and recently decided to make the transition to Autodesk Maya. However, I am encountering a recurring issue. While I can achieve similar results in Maya as I do in Blender, I am experiencing frequent crashes with Maya. In comparison, Blender typically crashes only once or twice throughout the day, whereas Maya crashes can occur 10 to 15 times.

I am seeking your guidance in identifying any possible oversights or factors that may be causing these crashes. Despite creating scenes with similar complexity and polygon counts, I am unable to determine why Maya is behaving differently.

I kindly request your assistance in providing insights, tips, or potential solutions to address this problem. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions to enhance the stability and performance of Maya during my transition from Blender.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input and support.

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

That depends a lot on your scene. Without knowing what you are doing and how. Or a repro scene its hard to help.

Do you use the autosave? Just to make sure you dont loose to much work.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report