Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene keep showing differently when re-open

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
474 Views, 3 Replies

Scene keep showing differently when re-open

My scene keep showing differently when re-open, sometime it shows the texture, sometime it doesn't. Also, it start to be lagged for no reasons, selecting is slow, anything is slow. Sometime it also caused other object to lost texture when I delete faces, I don't know what kind of problem is this. I have been doing research for almost 2 weeks now and still cannot find any solutions to these problems. So let me summarize the problems:

- Scene shows differently when re-open

- Lag when selecting on object (this only happens to the current scene, other scene are okay)

- Delete faces make other object lost texture (turn into green)

Computer & Maya specifications:

- CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

- Memory: 16GB (3200Mhz)

- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 - 6GB

- Maya Version: 2019 Student Licensed 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cavescholar
in reply to: Anonymous

First, since your scene seems not consistent when you open, I think has to do with your video memory is running low. It would seem like the scene has huge textures I'm guessing (2k 4k). 

Second, when selecting "objects" those objects have very large materials or shaders and is lagging because again video memory running low.

Third, turning green means you have no material assigned. This could've been pointing back the main issue. The Materials. 

Just a few thoughts, hope this helps, Good Luck! 

P.S. since it doesn't happen you say on other scenes, it is more pointing to the materials. Maybe assign new materials and see if that helps, it could be a good way to root out the problems. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cavescholar

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. I have managed to fix everything now except the first problem, my scene keeps showing different texture every time I re-open, sometime object B take object A's texture, sometime it is opposite. Do you know why?

Message 4 of 4
cavescholar
in reply to: Anonymous

That sounds like ghosts in your scene, jk. Maybe the faces have textures assigned to them and not assigned to the entire mesh. What I mean is you can select faces on one side of a box and assign a material. Then on the other sides you can assign other materials to faces on the same object. 

polyCube3Materials2.jpg

Sounds like something else in the mix maybe some type of node causing it to switch materials? What type of Materials are assigned to the mesh you are seeing this issue with?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report