Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving file creates a warning in Chinese characters

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
franklin.barrientos
58043 Views, 39 Replies

Saving file creates a warning in Chinese characters

How do I revert the Chinese warnings into English?

I've made sure my OS is set to English, I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall and also confirmed that my Region is set to English (US). The warnings continue to appear in Chinese when I save any file. Any help would be appreciated. It doesn't appear to be a language setting issue. 

Labels (1)
39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40
tig4
in reply to: wachsga

Hi @wachsga, I'm not exactly sure which ones aren't deleting, so let me address both. There are two areas you need to address. One is script(s) that is lives in a Maya scene file. Remember they could be living in many or all of your scene files, so that's why we deselect "Execute script nodes" in step 1. If this isn't done, as soon as you open a scene with these little monster scripts, they repopulate. Now that you've made sure that "Execute script nodes" is unchecked, you can open your scripts directory and delete the little monsters from step 2. Remember, if you've created custom script folders you may have sneaky scripts in other places, so it's smart to do a system wide search for any of the files listed in step 2. Once that's done, and confirming that you still have "Execute script nodes" deselected, you can begin deleting the scripts in your scene files, using the Expression Editor, described in step 3. Make sure you select the script node you want to delete, then click the Delete button. Do this for any script nodes you need to delete, as instructed in step 3. Finally, confirming that you still have "Execute script nodes" deselected, you repeat step 3 for each Maya scene file. This can take a while, but... this is the way. 😉 

Hope that does it for ya. Feel free to let me know if you're still having issues.

Message 22 of 40
wachsga
in reply to: tig4

@Anonymous
My bad, I forgot to delete this question (turns out I'd been trying to delete the bad scripts from a scene file when they were located in a reference file). I am not tech saavy and never would have figured out how to get rid of them without your post. Thank you a MILLION!! 🙂
Message 23 of 40
tig4

You totally rock dude! We learn best through our mistakes, and suuuper happy to help. 🙂
Message 24 of 40

This script suddenly stopped working...

Message 25 of 40

Is the script at Github still useful or is Maya Security tools doing what the Github script does now?

Message 26 of 40
grendizerus
in reply to: Anonymous

Well I finally added your lines of code inside my userSetup.py and the only thing it seems to do is popup a dialog saying "Could not fix script nodes!"

Message 27 of 40

Btw.. It also adds a scriptJob, so if you leave your Maya session open after the scriptNodes were already able to execute (for those that didn't have their File Open Preferences set to not allow scriptNode execution at first), even once during the session, then any file you save during that session will also get the scriptNodes added back just before save. Also, importing files does not stop the execution of scriptNodes when that option is turned off so it once again can create the scriptJob that waits for you to save any future files in that session. Also be sure to look for the scriptNodes in namespaces and maybe check for that particular scriptJob existence and force kill that too.

Message 28 of 40

Note that the MSceneMessage.kAfterOpen might not execute when importing an infected file or referencing (importing for sure ignores that File Open setting to not execute script nodes), so the scriptNodes will execute again and embed the scriptJob that in turn will add the scriptNodes back in for every time you save a Maya file for that session at the last moment until you close Maya entirely. So you probably want to add an intercept script for those scenarios as well and look for a descriptor in the scriptJob it creates and force kill that too for all those cases.

Message 29 of 40
christineZo

Just had a similar issue and stumbled across your lifesaver post. Thank you SO much Tig! And for taking the time to screenshot everything as well. It worked like a charm 🙂
Message 30 of 40
tig4
in reply to: christineZo

Absolute pleasure @christineZo! Super glad it's helping 😄 

Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: franklin.barrientos

Hi everyone,

For those who still have their hard drives or server fully infected by this virus, I just released a tool for Windows on Gumroad to batch process all the infected files in one-click, so I invite you to check it out here :

https://mimobkk.gumroad.com/l/KoNBeq

And it's free!

vaccine_killer_for_maya_02.pngvaccine_killer_for_maya_03.jpg

Message 32 of 40
mattsmall

Thanks so much!  This plus some of the previous info in the thread seems to have helped us clean our files.   Fortunately for us we always work in .ma so it was fairly easy to search for infected files, then go through and delete the scripts manually.  Pretty annoying Autodesk couldn't just figure out some way to do this automagically.

One question -- in your first step you say turn off "Execute script nodes", which I get.

Is there a compelling reason to turn that back on again when this is done?  What's the risk in just leaving it un-checked to prevent future malware from creeping in?

- Matt

Message 33 of 40
tig4
in reply to: mattsmall

Thanks for the note @mattsmall 🙂 I'm so happy it helped!

For personal use, I've leave it off too. That way I don't have to be as careful using downloaded scene files.

The only use case I could see where it would be needed is if your pipeline had a mel script that provided some required functionality. There also may be some integration use cases, but not sure.

Message 34 of 40
stephAnima

@tig4 thanks a million for this! the Maya scanner created more inconveniences than solutions, it already takes me a few minutes each time to open any maya scene, so imagine my continuous frustration at each file open and then being FORCED to quit (to no avail, at times!). Glad I can do it after it is opened and with the least bother possible! 😊

Message 35 of 40

Message 36 of 40

Message 37 of 40
tmac1_13

I did all this but the breed gene still shows up after deleting it.

Message 38 of 40
tmac1_13

When I closed maya after deleting them it worked upon reopening the files. If you don't close and reopen maya tho they are still lingering like diseases. 

Message 39 of 40
tig4
in reply to: tmac1_13

That's really true @tmac1_13 , especially once you have a ton of scene files you may be pulling from.

In a perfect world, you'd open each scene and ensure it's clean. I ended up taking a weekend and doing that and haven't really had it pop up again. [knocking on wood] 

But seriously, you're not alone... I feel ya and it can be a challenge.

Message 40 of 40

Here's an explanation you can use for the forum:

---

Solution to Chinese Warning Message in Maya When Saving Files: If you're seeing strange Chinese characters or warnings like `# Warning: ä½ çš„æ–‡ä»¶è´¼å¥åº·` when saving in Maya, it might be caused by a malicious script. Here's a Python code that worked for me to remove the issue:

import maya.cmds as cmds

# List active scriptJobs
jobs = cmds.scriptJob(lj=True)
for job in jobs:
# Find and kill the malicious scriptJob
if "leukocyte.antivirus()" in job:
id = job.split(":")[0]
if id.isdigit():
cmds.scriptJob(k=int(id), f=True)

# Remove malicious script nodes
script_nodes = cmds.ls("vaccine_gene", type="script")
if script_nodes:
cmds.delete(script_nodes)

Just paste this into Maya's script editor and run it. It will stop and delete the malicious scripts causing the warnings. This fixed the issue for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report