Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset UV Editor UI : where is it?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
adenne
7327 Views, 6 Replies

Reset UV Editor UI : where is it?

Hi, so i was hoping the uvtoolkit docking issue, or lack of,  would be fixed in update 4. Doesn't seem to be unfortunately. However in the release docs it mentions there is a new 'Reset UV Editor UI' command under the edit menu.

Can anyone else see it, I cant?

Thx

Adrian

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jordan.giboney
in reply to: adenne

Hi @adenne

Thanks for posting! Can you elaborate on what docking issues you are experiencing? I just tested pulling the Modeling Toolkit off the UV Editor window, and then re-docking it by holding it over the edge until it highlighted in blue, then releasing my mouse button. Is this same process unsuccessful on the machine you're working on?

Resetting Preferences will bring all menus back to default, but I agree with you that a single button that would return the window to a default state would be nice! If you have the time, I would recommend posting this to our new Maya Idea Station - post the link on here and I will make sure to vote for it 🙂

Thanks again for taking the time to be a part of our community! I look forward to your reply. 

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
adenne
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Hi, thanks for reply but im not sure if you read my question correctly. 

With regards to the uvtoolkit docking, i can dock it, but when i reopen maya its undocked again. Its not saving the status.

Regarding my original question, I wasn't requesting a ResetUV editor button (but now that you mentioned it, could be a good idea) 😉  But instead i was referring to the maya 2018.4 update document that states there is a new 'Reset UV Editor' menu option....but i cant see it. (see the link to doc below)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-93BB5CE4-8628-4C9C-981A-954A9677001E

Message 4 of 7
adenne

Hello?

Message 5 of 7
jordan.giboney

Hi @adenne

Still working on tracking down an answer for ya! 🙂 I can't seem to locate the menu either, even through the Help > Find Menu tool so I am stumped!

Several of my internal contacts were participating in SIGGRAPH this year, so they may be a little slower to respond than normal - as soon as I have more info for you I will make sure to update. Thanks for your patience!

Jordan Giboney

Message 6 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

I can confirm it's not there.

Message 7 of 7
jordan.giboney

Hi @adenne

Thanks for your patience on this one! I got confirmation today that the doc's were updated incorrectly, and this tool is not available for Maya 2018.4 (due to legal restrictions we cannot say when the planned release will be). We've edited the docs and removed that tool so we don't confuse anyone else moving forward 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to report this! We really appreciate it. 

If there is anything else we can do to help, please do not hesitate to reach out. Happy to help!

Jordan Giboney

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report