Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
426 Views, 6 Replies

Rendering issue

Texture_render.0001.jpgScreen Shot 2018-07-18 at 3.00.24 PM.pngFor some reason when I render, the wood texture that I manipulated in the UV does not appear to be working once I render it out.  Any thoughts? Using Maya Hardware 2.0, Maya Hardware cause more problems when I try it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! Would you be able to post your scene so I can have a look at it on my machine? 🙂 You can either send it to me in a private message, post it on here (.zip file), or upload it to a drive like dropbox and send me the link to download it.

If you cannot share it, can you tell me a bit more about the shader itself? How did you create it? I can do my best to replicate it on my side.

Thanks for your time! I look forward to getting this resolved  for you 🙂

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Here is the zip file.  In the UV editor, I select the mask (both sides) because for some reason its not one UV layer.  I rotate it and translate a little bit to create the vertical pattern.  In the test render view, it works.  Once I render out a frame it reverts back to the original pattern.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

@jordan.giboney wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! Would you be able to post your scene so I can have a look at it on my machine? 🙂 You can either send it to me in a private message, post it on here (.zip file), or upload it to a drive like dropbox and send me the link to download it.

If you cannot share it, can you tell me a bit more about the shader itself? How did you create it? I can do my best to replicate it on my side.

Thanks for your time! I look forward to getting this resolved  for you 🙂

Here is the zip file.  In the UV editor, I select the mask (both sides) because for some reason its not one UV layer.  I rotate it and translate a little bit to create the vertical pattern.  In the test render view, it works.  Once I render out a frame it reverts back to the original pattern.  

Message 5 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

You can't manipulate  3D procedural textures like "Wood" by using UVs, they are independent of UVs.

The changing preview by editing UVs in Viewport is a bug of Maya-Viewport.

Simple change a value for any Attribute of "Twig_Rig_35:Wood" to force a Viewport refresh/update.

Message 6 of 7
jordan.giboney

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for your patience with this one! I wasn't able to get the same results as you. I rotated the UV's around just a bit (not as much finessing as yours, I assume) but the preview render did match the output render for me. Here's my saved JPEG:

testSave.jpg

Can you clarify what your process is for manipulating the UV's? What tools are you using to do the test render versus the final render? Happy to keep testing until we figure this out!

Thanks for your patience with this!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 7 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

@Anonymous and @jordan.giboney.

To be able to display 3D Textures, Maya needs to bake the texture, as background process, on the object as 2D texture (only for preview in Viewport).

Editing the UVs and by this changing the look of the 3D texture is only possible due to a bug (cause you only change the temporarily result baked for Viewport).

Please read my message above for further details.

If you want to use UVs you need to convert/bake the texture to 2D or create a new 2D texture.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report