Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with texture resolution

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
estuary24
610 Views, 8 Replies

Problems with texture resolution

Hello. I have a textured mesh. The texture appears very low resolution. On the head the texture looks broken, although the texture shell map looks good to me. I really need help to make the resolution of the texture higher. It is so blurry and pixelated. Please, I need help figuring this out. I have no idea how to fix this. I attached my file screenshots. I couldn't figure out how to attach the mel file. 

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong why my texture is so small resolution?

Tags (1)
Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
damaggio
in reply to: estuary24

you didn’t say the most important thing , the texture resolution.

Message 3 of 9
estuary24
in reply to: damaggio

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't know how to increase the size of the square in the UV editor. I assumed that would make my texture bigger. Right now the resolution is small, but the PSD file I am using has very high resolution. I think either my mesh is too small or the texture square in the UV editor is too small. I wish I knew how to increase the resolution in the texture square in the UV editor. Do you know what might be wrong is it my mesh or the resolution in the UV editor box? 

Message 4 of 9
damaggio

I’m boarding a flight , someone else will help you shortly.

Message 5 of 9
damaggio

Please also answer to mr mspeer on your previous post from June 2021 which is related to this current one.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/image-in-uv-editor-is-super-small-and-low-resolution/m-p/1...

Message 6 of 9
mspeer

Hi!

Please provide the scene-file and the texture file for further help.

Message 7 of 9
estuary24
in reply to: mspeer

Where can I attach the mel and psd files?
Message 8 of 9
estuary24

**** is not letting me attach a mel file in this forum. It says maya files not allowed. How can I share my file and textures? 

Message 9 of 9
damaggio

You need to Zip the file first, scene and textures.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums