Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model designed in maya 2016 ripped apart in new versions of maya

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
acclamator777
212 Views, 7 Replies

Model designed in maya 2016 ripped apart in new versions of maya

Not sure what happened. I was originally using Maya 2016 and just switched to 2017 due to my license expiring. And now I am finding some of my models that I designed in 2016 are "ripped" apart, so to speak. The image I am posting is of a ships hull. I was told to import the model and not open it directly and I still get the same results. I really hope I can retrieve my model and really hope it is not lost.  I really don't want to redo it.  RIPPED.jpgRIPPED_001.jpgAny thoughts as to what could be causing this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: acclamator777

It’s either history or graphic display error, check that or zip the file here. You could also try the answers from this post last July 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/maya-2016/m-p/10442610

Message 3 of 8
acclamator777
in reply to: damaggio

In 2017 Is there a history setting that could possibly be causing this?  It is pretty much happening with several of my projects that were created in early versions of maya.  Very odd why this is happening.  Just can't open my projests in newer versions.  I did download version 2020 and got the same results.  Thought reverting to the 2017 version because it was closely similar to 2016 except for new upgrades.  

Message 4 of 8
damaggio

You didn’t clear history before saving the file. Just start over from one of your earlier incremental saved files.

Message 5 of 8

I was afraid of that.  I really do appreciate your help.  One quick question.  If i can some how find a version of 2016 (very unlikely) is it possible to open the project up?

Message 6 of 8
damaggio

It’s a . mb file and you didn’t clear history so most likely the file is damaged now and can’t be salvaged.It would open up

the same way in any version of Maya I’m afraid. 

Message 7 of 8
acclamator777
in reply to: damaggio

Bummer!  Back to square one.  You learn from your mistakes.  Thank you for your help.

Message 8 of 8
damaggio

So did you understand how  to avoid this in the future?

number 1

number 2 

and number 3 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report