Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playblast can only produce 540p not 1080p

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
7295 Views, 10 Replies

Playblast can only produce 540p not 1080p

Hi everyone, I'm using maya 2017 update 5 and my hard drive is as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core peocessor

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti

RAM: 32GB

I'm not sure this is the right forum or not. If I'm posting this on the wrong forum, please let me know.

My question is this:

When I start to playplast my animation, it works perfectlly fine outputting 540p video.

However, when I change the render setting to 1080p and press playblast. It start playblasting and stop at frame 47. I opened different file and test it. They all stopped at frame 47. The log said that I'm out of disk space, but I still have 385GB out of my 500GB. Does anyone has any ideas?

The script editor log is as follows:

playblast -format qt -filename "cockroach_test.mov" -forceOverwrite -sequenceTime 0 -clearCache 1 -viewer 1 -showOrnaments 1 -fp 4 -percent 100 -compression "H.264" -quality 100 -widthHeight 1920 1080;
// Error: line 0: playblast: Failed to write frame 47 into movie file. //
// Error: line 0: out of disk space. Deleting playblast files //
sysFile -copy "//film_data_a/3d/1-Project/film-190522-ActivatorMarke-freak/03-cg/1-shots/Animation/s96/cockroach_test.mov" "C:/Users/pxfly/AppData/Local/Temp/movie_2.mov";
// Result: 1 //
sysFile -delete "C:/Users/pxfly/AppData/Local/Temp/movie_2.mov";
// Result: 1 //
// Warning: line 0: command failed: "" //
currentTime 49 ;
// Result: \\film_data_a\3d\1-Project\film-190522-ActivatorMarke-freak\03-cg\1-shots\Animation\s96\cockroach_test.mov //

Please help me:(( I've spent a lot of time researching on google but still got no answer:((

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

clearing your temp files, then try.

Also check your memory cache

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

check in the ref pic path, your disc space, if not consult with system people, and allot  dick space for that

Message 4 of 11
clemensF4NFT

Running out of disk space while there are still 385GB free sounds like you might have disk quota active.

Open the drive's properties window and have a look at the quota tab.

Clemens

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Hi I'm having the same issue as well. ive tried deleting temp caches, resetting/deleting my prefs, and getting admin permission for temp folders. Still didn't fix it. i have more than enough gb worth of disk space to work with but the error still shows up. it only works on other resolutions other than 1080. i need it to be on h264/1080p for work purposes. if anyone has the solution itd be great. thanks

Message 6 of 11
clemensF4NFT

There is a 4GB file size limit on FAT32 formatted drives.

So how is the disk formatted where your temp folder resides?

Also if you work in an organization and not on your private computer you might want to check if you are limited by disk quota.

Clemens

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the replies.

I've tried clearing all the temp files, checking if the disk quota is active, and still have the problem.

The ref pic path is in disk Z, which is shared with all the coworkers in the company, and my playblast file is no more bigger than 4 GB.

Now I'm going to reinstall my maya to see if it fix the problem. If it does, I'll inform everyone. If anyone has any other ideas. Please let us know, thank you all:))

Message 8 of 11
clemensF4NFT

The "out of disk space" message is misleading, I think.
In fact there is a problem with Apple's legacy quicktime H.264 encoder on computers that have more than 16 cpus.
Do you have that many cpus?
Then as a workaround I suggest playblasting an image sequence and converting it to H.264 using ffmpeg.
Alternatively, you might think of disabling hyperthreading.

Clemens

Message 9 of 11
getamaya

Were you able to fix this? I have the same problem at work even while working on a supped up computer (2 RTX 5000, 500 GB free space). And it seems I'm the only one here with that problem.

I cleared my preferences.

Deinstalled quicktime, installed Quicktime alternative. Same issue still.

The problem is just not being able to render 1920x1080, if I change the resolution even slightly while keeping proportions, it renders fine.

Message 10 of 11
clemensF4NFT
in reply to: getamaya

Hello getamaya!

Apple's legacy quicktime H.264 encoder has a problem on computers with more than 16 CPUs.
Does your computer have more than 16 CPUs?
If so, try disabling hyperthreading or blast with a different codec like photo jpeg and then create the H.264 movie using ffmpeg.
Clemens

Message 11 of 11
gimble
in reply to: clemensF4NFT

Thank you! I spent a whole evening re-installing drivers etc, comes down to h.264 does not support modern day computers. I have 12 core 24 threads, will not work. I googled and found more information on this. Industry really needs to move away from h.264

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report