Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent error messages

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Parmenides
8636 Views, 4 Replies

Persistent error messages

With almost every action I take, where clicking on an object or moving the timeline I get this error:  "// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/AETemplates/AEfileTemplate.mel line 638: Object 'textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton' not found. // "

Is there a way to get rid of it?  Hopefully I don't have to delete my preferences as that always resets everything and removes my custom scripts from the shelf.  Thanks. -Derryl

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello @Parmenides,

You can reset your preferences without losing your scripts and shelves. I do this often when upgrading or moving to a new machine and I want my shelves and scripts to come with me.

reset prefs save shelves and scripts.jpg

Try backing up these folders, and resetting your prefs. Restart Maya and test if that resolves the error messages.

If you have any other questions, please let me know! I'm happy to help 🙂

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 5

I had this issue as well. One thing i noticed was that I had to edit and save (without modifying) hotkeys to get them active again.

Message 4 of 5
pavelR.
in reply to: magillaGuerilla

Another thing to try is to see if there are any nodes loaded within hypershade (and/or the nodeeditor).

Out of a sudden it appeared... clearing the node graph, save the file and restart maya sorted it out.

(and I am definitely sure that Maya didn't ruin the config again..)

Message 5 of 5
tamilarasutau
in reply to: Parmenides

Hi,

How did you solve this problem, I too got this problem, what I did was textured my meshes in substance painter and imported the textures back in maya and its messy. I tried resetting the preferences also, and its not working.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums