Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects in Renderview is misplaced. Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3337 Views, 5 Replies

Objects in Renderview is misplaced. Help!

未命名.png

Hi, everyone. I'm using Maya 2018.2 on a PC right now.

As you can see, I've set some key to make this blue cube move, but in the renderview, it didn't render RIGHT. 

The cube is misplaced, and there is no transform on the cube. (I've set joints and curve to control the cube.)

It renders the right image when I first open this file, but then it just renders the same image after I move around the time slider. 

By the way, I've also set camera movement, and it did render camera movement, but the cube just keeps freezing there.

I opened this file on my Macbook Pro. At first, there is no such problem when I move around the time slider, so I started to render sequence, but it just render the same image. Same problem again.

I will attach the file below, can anyone help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pavelR.
in reply to: Anonymous

Seems like its again parallel evaluation...again. Smiley Frustrated

I can reproduce that behavior in Maya 2018. 

To make it work disable the parallel-evaluation mode

(in preferences, or via commandline: cmds.evaluationManager( mode="off" );)

Not sure why it is kept on by default, as it is practically not usable and creates all sorts of issues (not just rendering also weird viewport glitches).

After setting the evaluation mode to "DG"(or off.. or whatever it is labeled at preferences) make sure you update the Arnold render-view (ctrl+u) and it should reflect what you see based on your current time.

hope it helps.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pavelR.

Hi! it did worked! Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 6
slimboJoe

Yeah, that mode is crazy.  I cannot begin to tell you the number of hours I have wasted trying to figure out problems when it is in Parallel Mode.

There are instances, too, when DAG mode does weird things and setting to PARALLEL mode fixes it, but then other things don't work.  Turning back to DG mode and then the original issues are gone.

I changed the menu in Maya to remind me how to fix that issue:

parallel_fixer.png

Message 5 of 6
pavelR.
in reply to: slimboJoe

Smiley Very Happy

with 'other' issues you're probably referring to the visual glitches with vp2.0 (exclusively), like scubbing the timeline and see all your control curves left behind. 

Happens unfortunately on many rigs, and in simple setups like rigged spheres.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-animation-and-rigging/maya2018-u1-vp2-0-evaluation-mode-dg-time-...

So one either has to animate in one of the deprecated viewport renderers (legacy) or.. not sure.. can't really use vp2.0 with DG mode because if your controls don't follow.. how is one supposed to animate something? (not just limited to middle-mouse-scrubbing)

Never got any official feedback (unlike on the other vp2.0 issue), and I doubt it will be included in update3.

Same as you... looking forward for H17 as they mentioned to add more char.anim features.. just frustrating, recently discovered that even render setup broke (partly...) in 2018 but worked in 2017 ..  😕

Message 6 of 6
gilfranco

I tried the Animation Evaluation checkbox and I didnt have any luck. Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report