Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Arnold 2017 and I have some questions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
487 Views, 7 Replies

New to Arnold 2017 and I have some questions

Hi guys!

I am new to Maya 2017 and Arnold. I have some questions. Firstly, how do I update maya? I still dont have the Arnold Material Presets and I dont know how to install them. Thank you in advance!

Alex

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Well Maya is updated through your Autodesk Account or the Autodesk web site (but it depends on if the update is subscription based or a normal update that everybody gets).  However if you are a student using the free version, there are known issues about students not being able to see or install any updates (and Autodesk is working on it).  Secondly is this Maya for Windows or Maya for OS?

If its Maya for OS, its not an update, its a complete new install.  In the end I'm not a Maya and Arnold user and I have no clue about missing Arnold Material presets.  Although you are asking installation questions, you may get a better responses/solution/answer by asking this question over in the Maya forum.   Good luck.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome back. 

This is correct you can also make sure you do not already have it installed. Make sure it installed "mtoa.mll" in the Control Panel (you can try repair) & check within the program. Please review this article: Arnold is not showing up as renderer in Maya 2017

I will move this post for more feedback. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Thanks for your reply. I have Arnold installed and loaded. I have no problems with rendering or using its materials. Its just, the aiStandard doesnt have presets. I have the student version.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for your reply. I am currently using student version on OS. Maybe thats the problem.

Message 6 of 8
Stephen.Blair

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I am currently using student version on OS. Maybe thats the problem.

No, that doesn't matter.

What version of Maya and what version of MtoA?

The presets were added in MtoA 1.3.1

All versions of MtoA are available on solidangle.com

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

@Stephen.Blair

I have uninstalled my version of arnold and replaced it with the updated files. I have the presets now but Arnold wont work lol. Like rendering or adding materials wont work.

There is an error when I try to add material:

# Error: CallbackError: file C:\solidangle\mtoadeploy\2017\scripts\mtoa\callbacks.py line 346: Error during callback: nt.Unknown(u'defaultArnoldRenderOptions') has no attribute or method named 'drivers'

Error when I click render view:

# Error: AttributeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\nodetypes.py line 409: nt.Unknown(u'defaultArnoldRenderOptions') has no attribute or method named 'drivers'

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

@Stephen.Blair

Nevermind. Got it to work. Thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report