Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mental ray for maya 2017

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mariothor
33648 Views, 4 Replies

mental ray for maya 2017

does anyone knows when mental ray for maya 2017 will be available ??

thanks

mario

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: mariothor

you would need to talk to Nvidia about that and you can sign up for the beta

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-mental-ray-products.html

Autodesk does not include mental ray with maya 2017 anymore

they include Arnold with it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman

Keep an eye out here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-mental-ray-products.html

As it says "Coming soon", I suspect those who know are restricted by an NDA and the rest of us will just have to be patient.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
mariothor

sorry for the late reply, I got your reply to my question on my Hotmail account and I did not log into autodesk since ... ...I'm a first time user to this forum and , I've been absorbed by my work ..again sorry

ok ..so this is the follow up ..first, I started my animation project on maya 2016 and mental ray, but maya 2016 crashed all the time, I was quite happy to see the next version, 2017 witch is much better in this regard ...

but

now I have to deal with Arnold ...this past weekend I made trees for my scene and connected a picture file for the leaves, an Arnold standard shader  ....three days later the picture file was disconnected somehow and is not working on both the main scene and the working file I originally made the tree in (which then was imported on my main scene)...

I had to delete all of the trees in my scene ( a forest of them ) and cannot use the original tree in my working file .. they were damaged...perverted... the scene crashes and the leaves cannot even be manipulated ..anyways I deleted all of them

so here is my question to you guys ...does this happen to any of you ??  and if so, is there any solution to this Arnold problem ?

thanks for your wisdom

kind regards

mario

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

We announced today that mental ray for Maya will start selling on November 30th.

This will support Maya 2016 and Maya 2017 and include the functionality of what used to be the mental ray Standalone product.

We also announced that the use of mental ray within Maya will be FREE, and a mental ray license will only be required for production rendering.

You can read more here:https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/11/15/mental-ray-maya-free/

- Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report